Digital Discovery patterns

bryan78

Question

12 answers to this question

On the digital discovery it looks like what happens is when there is another custom waveform that is longer than the others then it causes them to wrap around or repeat.  On the adp3450 I have the same configuration and didn't notice the issue.  I needed more channels so switch the project to the DD device and it started doing this.  Also, unrelated but on the latest version 3.18.30 I noticed it is showing my adp5250 as being available but its not plugged in.  Haven't rebooted since the install so that may be it.

image.png

image.png

image.png

Hi @bryan78

The 'Repetition' channel/signal option is not available for Digital Discovery. Without this the pattern is repeated while the Pattern Generator is running.
The disabling of this option will be solved in the next version.
The next version won't list disconnected ADP5250. With the current sw version uncheck the Filter/Remote option.

On 6/28/2022 at 6:22 AM, attila said:

Hi @bryan78

The latest version adds Repetition option for Digital Discovery:

When I tried that version it looked like the repeat function works but now I get lots of crashes in the logic analyzer window.  I notice when I move my mouse around it tries to scroll the screen some.  Also the position keeps jumping off of zero.   I am using the same project from the previous firmware release so not sure if it would still be an issue with a new project.  Haven't had time to investigate that because there are lots of patterns I would have to reset up.

Edited by bryan78

6 hours ago, attila said:

Hi @bryan78

Could you provide more detail about the problems? I don't seem to be able to reproduce.

image.thumb.png.aea9936ce4daf26ef95094eb27521ccb.png

Hard to give you any other information on it because it crashes, but I can reinstall the previous beta and the issue goes away.  I am still using the old workspace from the previous version.  I started a new workspace and added most of the logic back and haven't seen it popup yet.

Video shows me moving mouse with out clicking anywhere in the logic window,  it jumps around and crashes.

Edited by bryan78

16 hours ago, attila said:

Hi @bryan78

This bug may be related to the recently added cross-tracking between the plot and Event view, and Data view in Logic Analyzer and Scope.
I will try to reproduce and fix it next week.

Thank you for the observation.

Since starting a new project I have everything added back and it doesn't jump around and crash.  I have noticed that I can not get the cursors or measurments to work very well.  If I do a quick vertical or free measure then it will not lock my measurement where I click.  The cursors will not drag were I want them to or jump back to the triggers position.  Not sure if it is related or should start a new thread on it. 

The non-repeat function is working and fixed that issue.

On 6/23/2022 at 11:31 AM, attila said:

Hi @bryan78

The 'Repetition' channel/signal option is not available for Digital Discovery. Without this the pattern is repeated while the Pattern Generator is running.
The disabling of this option will be solved in the next version.
The next version won't list disconnected ADP5250. With the current sw version uncheck the Filter/Remote option.

is repetition setting option possible on the analog discovery2?  I hate when using the feature on the DD or 3450 and then breaks if I go to the ADiscovery 2,  thanks 

Edited by bryan78