Analog Discovery 2: Can it be used to take analog to make digital TTL

marle12

Question

Hello, 

I am new to this instrument and I am wondering if it can be used to convert an analog 0-4VDC signal  to a digital output TTL signal  while graphing the display for research purpose? 

If so , how would I go abut achieving that on this module. Thanks. 

6 answers to this question

Hi @marle12

The 0/4V signal can be connected to AD2 DIOs and use a series resistor to limit the current. The input logic threshold is about 1.5V or 0.5V with 5/7th configurations.

The Pattern generator ROM logic can be used for IO purpose.
Like here DIO 0 input and DIO 1 output.

image.png.020b6a4287ecdbf401b760291014fbb1.pngimage.png.ebee0064725f29b181fe7893a5e2d408.png

image.png.5ea611c81263f2fe137f3d333b8dc7db.png

How about if my analog signal is about  0- .75V  in range how to do I go about converting that?  I would like to be able to plug in the  analog signal  and convert that 0-.75 V signal to a Digital Output that can trigger  a piece of equipment that has a TTL input 

Capture.PNG

For the pattern generator is there a way to create a phase delay between that DIO O and DIO1 signals?  I am trying to have a set value that I can chnage so I can set a phase shift between the DIO O and DIO 1 signal 

image.thumb.png.46142567de53062c3d9dcb3f794c8de0.png

Hi @marle12

Reducing the frequency from the Properties tab will add maximum delay (~70ns + 0 to 1/freq) but this combined with a shift logic you can get ~70ns + (shifts-1)/freq + 0 to 1/freq
Like here with 3rd DIO 70ns + 2x10us + 0..10us but you can use up to 9 or 13 DIOs (with the 4th or 7th device config) if you want.
You can uncheck the "state output" option if you don't need it.

image.png

image.png

image.png