Waveforms SDK pulse interrupt measurement using record

joeck

Question

Hello,

I only want to measure samples when a pulse is active. I've seen how it should work in the reference manual and this forum thread

To trigger on a pulse configure the following: FDwfDigitalInTriggerCountSet (hdwf, 1, 0);

For positive pulse specify rising and for negative falling edge reset.

FDwfDigitalInTriggerResetSet(hdwf, 0, 0, positive?1«dio:0, negative?1«dio:0);

For positive pulse specify high and for negative low level trigger.

FDwfDigitalInTriggerSet(hdwf, negative?1«dio:0, positive?1«dio:0, 0, 0);

Glitch/Less: To trigger on glitch, a pulse length at most the specified value:

FDwfDigitalInTriggerLengthSet(hdwf, 0, max, 0); / / maximum pulse length in seconds

Timeout: To trigger on pulse timeout, on a pulse after the specified minimum time expires:

FDwfDigitalInTriggerLengthSet(hdwf, min, 0, 0); / / minimum pulse length in seconds.

More: To trigger on pulse ending slope which is longer than the specified minimum time:

FDwfDigitalInTriggerLengthSet(hdwf, min, -1, 0); / / minimum pulse length in seconds

Length: To trigger on a pulse length with the specified minimum and maximum lengths use:

FDwfDigitalInTriggerLengthSet(hdwf, min, max, 0); / / min/max pulse length in seconds

When using record however FDwfDigitalInTriggerPositionSet sets the measurement length. I assumed it might be stopped by the reset but that is for me not the case. I also had to specify the counter to 0 as otherwise the trigger didn't work properly.

Is there a way to only measure when the pulse is active and does the triggerReset reset the board or only the trigger?

Thanks in advance.

1 answer to this question

Hi @joeck

The FDwfDigitalIn-TriggerSet, ResetSet, LengthSet, CountSet and MatchSet, configure the trigger detector on digital signals. Like edge, pulse length, counter or patterns on UART, SPI, I2C.... protocols.

For record mode, the FDwfDigitalInTrigger-PrefillSet and PositionSet specify the pre-trigger (at least how many samples to collect before looking for trigger event) and post-trigger (how many samples to collect after the trigger). From samples/py/DigitalIn_Record.py :
# number of samples after trigger
dwf.FDwfDigitalInTriggerPositionSet(hdwf, c_int(int(nSamples/2))) # trigger in the middle
# number of samples before trigger
dwf.FDwfDigitalInTriggerPrefillSet(hdwf, c_int(nSamples-int(nSamples/2)))

I don't have a full overview on what you want to measure but you could use the pulse condition in your data processing, filter the data after capture.