Eclypse -Z7 Mechanical

svaughn442

Question

4 answers to this question

"Zmod" pads are SYZYGY compliant. If you are designing a SYZYGY pod, even a carrier board you should be familiar with the SZYGY specification published by Opal Kelly. They also have other useful material that might interest you in your endeavor.

The Eclypse-Z7 has 2 standard SYZYGY ports arranged as 1 double-wide port. If you are designing either a single-wide or double-wide SYZYGY (Zmod) pod then the mechanical specs in the official specification should be sufficient. No? Are you confronting an issue that I haven't run into? The XEM7320 also has a double-wide standard port arrangement. There's not a lot of variation in the mechanical specification for other pod sizes.

As far as I know., the only difference between the Digilent and the Opal Kelly carrier boards is that the Digilent SYZYGY ports use all four mounting stand-offs and the Opal Kelly designs all use just the two near the connector. Opal Kelly doesn't do larger carrier boards.

Do you really want to make an add-on board that only works for one carrier board? I don't think that it matters because all of the SYZYGY compatible carrier boards that I know of adhere to the SYZYGY Specification; which is as it should be for compatibility across vendor products. Edited by zygot

Hi @svaughn442,

Zygot is correct that we follow the SYZYGY specification for the Eclypse Z7. I'm not certain which exact mounting holes you are looking for, but there are some mechanical details available in the Additional Resources section of the Eclypse Z7 Resource Center, https://digilent.com/reference/programmable-logic/eclypse-z7/start#additional_resources.

Thanks,
JColvin