Quadrature Signal with Discovery 2

Chazzo

Question

I have two main questions to ask on this thread.

I have a flow sensor that outputs a quadrature signal. I imagine that it is easily within the D2 ability to read this signal in Waveforms. I believe this is an example of it being done --> 

Now can this be done with the python API as well? I have been looking through the SDK and I am not sure which script or if there are any that are well suited for reading a digital quadrature signal. Some I have looked at are Digital_Spi_Dual.py, and DigitalIn_Acquisition.py. Any pointers would be much appreciated.

My second main question is regarding operating voltate for the transducer I am working with. It apparently uses 25v digital logic which I was surprised by. But the Discovery 2 only operates on 5V digital logic. Would any one know of where I could potentially source a digital logic converter that operates on such high voltages? There are plenty of 3.3v to 5v converters out there but I'm not aware of any off the shelf solutions for stepping from 25 to 5 volts.

Thanks for any input.

2 answers to this question

Hi @Chazzo

Such measurement can be performed with SDK starting from DigitalIn_Acquisition/Record/Scan....py  examples.
To connect 'slow' signals to the 0/3.3V DIOs you could use voltage divider with resistors.
For such voltage and since you only need two signals you could use the Scope/AnalogIn.

@attila thanks for your thoughts much appreciated. I have been doing more digging into documentation for the transducer and confirmed that it does operate @ 25 volts. I guess I'll need to use the analogIn if I am going to us the AD2 at all in that case.

Edited by Chazzo