COM port not detected for Zybo z7 20

Anoop

Question

I need a urgent help regarding this, Please help me,

I booted my board with 5V wall connector and when i connect micro usb to laptop com port is not detected, i tried with different laptops too still did not work. I have added USB 0 in my design and it seems petalinux booted just fine since i can see PGOOD and DONE LEDs are on and my counter is running.
I even tried different cables install drivers manually, I can see my petalinux booted and as soon as i turn on my RX led blinks for some time and then stops and board LED and Switches works as i configured. But COM port is not detected. I Tried different PC as well. nothing works. Please let me know the solution.

Please do help.

4 answers to this question

Hi @Anoop,

To confirm, you're loading the Petalinux design through the SD card (as opposed to through the USB-UART connection)?

Have you gotten to try a different USB cable? Some cables only transfer power and not data properly. I'm guessing you are on a Linux OS since you are using Petalinux, is your board successfully detected through lsusb?

Thanks,
JColvin

Hi @JColvin
Yes i am loading petalinux through SD Card.

Yes I have tried 3 different cables.

Unfortunetly i am using Windows and terterm or Putty. But in device manager it did not show up the COM port. I will try with Linux OS and let you know.

Thanks
Anoop