Exporting Sobel filter edge coordinates

ozgur

Question

Hello all,

I have used sobel filter to do edge detection. As i attached the picture, i have the edges.

Now, i want to export x-y coordinates (or pixels). How can i do it?

What IP should i use? and Where should i connect it. I assume that i should connect the IP to output of the rgb to dvi.

Please, help.

Regards.

Adsız.jpg

2 answers to this question

Hello @ozgur,
I have some questions:
Are you doing edge detection in hardware (on the FPGA) or in software? What board are you using?

Now, i want to export x-y coordinates (or pixels). How can i do it?

What IP should i use? and Where should i connect it. I assume that i should connect the IP to output of the rgb to dvi.

Are you doing image processing on a video feed or on a single image?
What do you mean by exporting the pixels? Do you mean exporting the edge pixels of a single image in memory, so that it can be processed in software? Or do you mean exporting the processed video feed to an external display (via rgb to dvi IP)?

Hello,

Due to the exams i am late to asnwer but now ready to continue.

As you asked, I am doing edge detection in hardware. I am using zybo z7-20.

On 5/2/2022 at 11:16 AM, Niță Eduard said:

Are you doing image processing on a video feed or on a single image?

I do image processing. It is like object tracking. 

On 5/2/2022 at 11:16 AM, Niță Eduard said:

What do you mean by exporting the pixels? Do you mean exporting the edge pixels of a single image in memory, so that it can be processed in software? Or do you mean exporting the processed video feed to an external display (via rgb to dvi IP)?

I want to send pixsel to 3d printer and print out the video. FOr example, there is a moving wavy line which is moving constantly. I want to detect the line with webcam, then apply sobel filter and then i want to sent pixels(coordinates or whatever ) to printer. to have same line int he end.

To explain better. As i attached above picture. I want to print ONLY victory sign with printer continiously.

Thanks for advance.