What use is SDSoC voucher in 2020 and beyond?

Matthew Whited

Question

From what I can tell the SDSoC voucher is only useful for a Xilinx product that is no longer in production.  Does it unlock something in Vivado/Vitis or is it only for SDSoC 2019 and before?  Was the functionality included in the Webpack Vitis?

Everything I find on here currently is old, out-of-date links for blog posts and support cards on Xilinx that no longer exist.  If it no longer of use why is it still sold?

1 answer to this question

Hi @Matthew Whited,

The SDSoC voucher, as you correctly surmised, does not do anything in Vivado 2019.2 onward (i.e. Vitis versions) and is only compatible with the older versions of Vivado when Xilinx still produced their SDSoC software. I am uncertain if the functionality offered by SDSoC is included with the base version of Vitis as it is difficult to find any official statements from Xilinx on this.

As for why the voucher is still sold by Digilent, aside from having the option to use it with older versions of the Xilinx software, that is a question I have been asking and waiting to hear an answer for since 2019 ?

Thanks,
JColvin