ZedBoard Booting Issue

lnguy

Question

I’m using the Xilinx Zynq 7000 Zed Board. Following the ZedBoard Configuration and Booting Guide found under Reference Designs on the Avnet website, I’m having issues with running the “run_gpio_test.bat” file included in the demo folder. I've connected the cables to the JTAG and UART ports, and I've also set the correct configuration mode pins.

The HyperTerminal console doesn't have the same output. I would like to boot from the SD card, but not sure if I’ve missed something in the setup or software.

I’m only receiving the output “##### Application Starts #####” and there's no other output after that.

Thank you,

Lynn

1 answer to this question

While digging through, I realized that the ISE 14.1 software I'm using on my Windows 10 PC may not be suitable to progress with this issue. I've also attempted ISE 14.6 & 14.7, but am still have difficulties. I had thought it was a file path issue, but I don't think this is the case. I've also set the configuration mode pins according to several guides. Is there a software version that has worked with the Xilinx Zynq 7000 Zed Board in order to boot from the SD card? 

Thanks,

Lynn