FT4232 In custom board

Gajendiran

Question

Hi,
We have developed Xilinx(Zynq Ultrascale+) based custom board. In this used FT4232H FTDI chip for USB to JTAG (Port A), Port – B not used, UART (Port C), UART (port D) Conversion. EEPROM is configured using FT prog and tested UART loopback on Port C and Port B it's working. But the port A(JTAG) is not detected. 
For USB to JTAG required any dedicated driver needs to install. How can I enable a USB-JTAG FTDI interface? is there a required license for USB-JTAG port enable? Please let me know how to configure USB - JTAG in the FT4232H chip.
Regards,
Gajendian A

Edited by Gajendiran
Re-Corrected

16 answers to this question

On 5/26/2021 at 9:48 PM, Gajendiran said:

Hi,
We have developed Xilinx(Zynq Ultrascale+) based custom board. In this used FT4232H FTDI chip for USB to JTAG (Port A), Port – B not used, UART (Port C), UART (port D) Conversion. EEPROM is configured using FT prog and tested UART loopback on Port C and Port B it's working. But the port A(JTAG) is not detected. 
For USB to JTAG required any dedicated driver needs to install. How can I enable a USB-JTAG FTDI interface? is there a required license for USB-JTAG port enable? Please let me know how to configure USB - JTAG in the FT4232H chip.
Regards,
Gajendian A

I need to use the FTDI FT4232 device to program the Xilinx ZynqMP device. How can I get the license to do this? Please reply.

Regards,

Gajendiran A

On 5/28/2021 at 10:50 PM, JColvin said:

Hi @Gajendiran,

I apologize for the delay. I have sent you a PM with the appropriate Digilent contact who will be able to discuss licensing Digilent's solution for getting USB-JTAG working on a FT4232H.

Thanks,
JColvin

Hi JColvin,

Even I am facing exactly the same issue, unable to use USB JTAG interface using FTDI FT4232 chip. Request to provide Digilent contact to discuss about license requirements.

Thanks in advance

Hi again @JColvin, sorry I replied on a different topic maybe not really related. I have lost my license of a FT4232HL onboard in a Xilinx UltraScale+ by programming a fault configuration with FT_prog, can you provide me a contact to have this connection working again?

Thanks in advance!