FTDI 4232H programming for FPGA JTAG detection

sandeep

Question

Hi ,

We are working on custom board based on zynq ultrascale+RFSOC .

We had configured FTDI4232H  channel 0 as JTAG port using FT_Prog utility. FPGA is not getting detected.

It was found that specific EEPROM image has to be programmed for accessing FPGA through FTDI4232H.

Can you please provide EEPROM image.

If EEPROM image cannot be provided can we get preprogrammed FT4232H ICs. 

Thanks,

sandeep

3 answers to this question

HI,

if you search the forum you may find a few similar requests. Apparently you are unaware that the FTDI/JTAG solution is licensed, please search the forum (I haven't heard of anyone using the FT4232H though).

For plain bitstream upload you could adapt this project (the bitstream uploader is a small part of it, just delete the rest). Alternatively, there are other FTDI/JTAG solutions e.g. xc3sprog. But none of them will provide you deep integration wíth the Xilinx tools.

The quickest way might be to break out the electrical JTAG interface, get a licensed module and integrate it with a hot glue gun...

On 11/26/2020 at 3:42 PM, sandeep said:

Hi ,

We are working on custom board based on zynq ultrascale+RFSOC .

We had configured FTDI4232H  channel 0 as JTAG port using FT_Prog utility. FPGA is not getting detected.

It was found that specific EEPROM image has to be programmed for accessing FPGA through FTDI4232H.

Can you please provide EEPROM image.

If EEPROM image cannot be provided can we get preprogrammed FT4232H ICs. 

Thanks,

sandeep

Hello,

Even I am trying to program FPGA using FT4232 channel 0 in JTAG mode. But I am unable to do it. Looks like some License is required. Any help in this regard will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Khushboo