Account creation left hanging

pclaessen

Using this work account to report a forum account creation issue:
Last Friday I signed up for a forum account with email address 'paul@claessen.com', screen name 'Paul Claessen', and I specified a password.
I got a screen that said I would get an email, which never happened. (Yes, I checked my spam folder).
Every time I try to sign in, I get the screen saying I have to validate my account based on an email I should have received.
There is NO option to request a resend of that validation email. (As where that option WAS available when I created THIS account, for which I got my validation email within minutes!).
I then tried to cancel the request so as to delete all my information.
But after that, when I try to create my personal account again, it tells me that email is already in use, so it's clearly NOT deleted.
I'd like to have a personal account with my private email address: any chance someone could either 'shake loose' that sign-up request, and send me that validation email, OR actually remove ALL my information from the system so that I can retry.
Much obliged.

Hi @pclaessen,

I do not know why you did not receive an email to get your other account approved. Actually, looking into the records on the admin side of things, I can't find any evidence of your original account, which shouldn't be the case considering that you signed up and then received a notification that the email was already in use.

I have manually created this other account for you and have sent you a PM with the login details; you will be able to change the password or anything else as needed.

I'll ask our web team to look into this, though I don't know how much they will be able to debug since there isn't any logged record (and hence errors to follow) that I am able to find.

Thanks,
JColvin

Archived