dvi2rgb with Vivado 2019.1

MaCo

Question

Hello,

I want to use the newest version of the dvi2rgb IP core from the Github Vivado-Library with Vivado 2019.1 and run into some strange issues.

If I just use the core as it is I get this strange looking GUI and it seems that the core itself isn't adjustable at all. It's always seems to use the default 720p EDID file and I can't switch off the two debug core independing of my adjustments.

Screenshot_dvi2rgb_V2_0_using_Vivado_2019_1_strange.thumb.jpg.ee7fe53c572a763caaaa248e6a2de83f.jpg

I found out that the component.xml expects a tcl file that is not available:        <spirit:name>xgui/dvi2rgb_v2_0.tcl</spirit:name>

If I copy/paste/rename the last available dvi2rgb_v1_9.tcl to "2_0" the GUI looks "better" now, I can now also switch the debug core on and off, but it seems that the 1080 EDID file isn't working correctly or not correctly recognized by my PC (the 720p is OK for my PC).

Screenshot_dvi2rgb_V2_0_using_Vivado_2019_1_correct.thumb.jpg.f82dd7bb986aa09ae595a2fb606be759.jpg

So three questions:

- Is it correct that I have to "generate" the missing dvi2rgb_v2_0.tcl fiel by myself?

- What can I do to get the 1080p EDID file working at all?

- In the end I need a 1080p30 EDID file, does somehow has such a working file for me or can guide me who to create one that is working with this IP core?

Thank you for youe help!

MaCo

Screenshot_dvi2rgb_V1_9_using_Vivado_2019_1.jpg

2 answers to this question

Thank you elodg for the update.

The GUI is working now and also the three provided EDID files are working.

I don't know why, but the software I use to read out the EDID data needs to be convinced (by changing the monitor resolution back and forth) to read out the EDID data again.

That was the reason why I wrote that the EDID files are not working. But now all three resolutions are working even with 1080p.

Archived