Welcome!

logansam

Hi everybody,

my name is Jürgen and besides my work as research engineer I am doing some fun work with FPGA and analog electronics/signal processing. Some time back I started with a LX9 Microboard and recently bought an Arty Z7-20.

• 1 month later...

Hi All ~

I am a retired guy from Arizona, and I'm on a mission!   I see these cotton tail rabbits in my back yard, and their hearing is exquisite, almost unbelievably sensitive.   So, naturally, I want to use my limited electronics knowledge to see if I can hear things as a cotton tail does.  So, the proposed path towards this goal, is change the sound waves to light fluctuations and light fluctuations to voltage, and finally voltage changes to sound.   My NEW Analog Discovery 2 will help me test different configurations of components to define the most effective.

I used to think that retirement would be boring . . . not so.

Hello Digilent Forums,

I am a biotech professional working in quality control and am going back to school in computer engineering.  I have experience with AVR microcontrollers from Arduino and taking Embedded Systems coursework focused on AVR assembly and systems design, and some experience in reverse engineering custom embedded systems.  I picked up a Zybo board recently after taking coursework in FPGAs and really dig this hardware.  I also have several Analog Discovery 2 to use for troubleshooting and diagnostics; really great product for those of us that don't want/cannot afford a good benchtop scope. Thank you guys for supporting this forum!

-Aaron

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I'm a grad student in an unrelated field (biology) trying to start a few DIY projects - with zero experience in electronics, until a few months ago. But learning is part of the fun, isn't it?

If it works, I also have a couple of research ideas that I want to push forward to interface medicine and electronic systems. Let's see how far we can go!

-Raph

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi all,

my name is Juergen. I'm an electrical engineer, having worked with telecoms in Germany and had projects in some other countries. Now retired I am rediscovering electronics together with my son. We want to make an old BOSCH Color Monitor (1,-- €) to show clear colors again and will have a look on some ignition dropouts of an Oldtimer. After reviewing some tests of USB-oscilloscopes I ordered the Analog Discovery 2 together with BNC board and a pair of probes. I received the parcel and got started immediately with the device and...   I am surprised about the offered functionality. It is much more than I expected. The tests did not list all the functions that are implemented, so I was prepared to order a sweep generator, too. But that's greatly included in the small gadget. I will surely have some questions in order to do some programming work for developing additional functions after looking through the "WaveForms™ SDK Reference Manual". So, I hope to receive echos on my future posts in this forum.

Yours,

Juergen.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi all,

My name is Chris. Old guy, Systems Engineering Manager at Raytheon in Middle GA USA  

My passion is teaching kids where I have 6 years volunteering experience in Robotics (FLL,FTC) and Electronics STEM from 4-12th grade.

-Chris

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...