Can I use Analog Discovery and Digital Discovery at same time with one Waveforms window?

rwodnick

Question

Hello,

Can I use an Analog Discovery2 and a Digital Discovery at the same time with a single instance of WaveForms?

I would like to have the high speed capture capability of the Digital Discovery combined with viewing analog waveforms.

Also:

Using the Analog Discovery2, I notice that when I zoom out by a lot, many of my high speed pulses disappear or 

randomly twinkle in and out, which I assume is due to a clock sampling issue.

If I get the Digital Discovery, will this problem go away? Or is there some fundamental limitation in Waveforms 

itself?

Thanks for your help,

Robert

1 answer to this question

Hi @rwodnick

Pulses might be hidden by sampling with any capture device. Like a 10ns pulse will be rarely visible with 1MHz (1us) sampling, 1% chance to catch.
Select the Noise option to use half of the buffer to store pulses/glitches that might be hidden by the current sampling rate. See DIO 24 below.
This option is supported by each device: Analog Discovery 1, 2, AD Studio, Digital Discovery, Electronics Explorer.

With Repeated and Scan capture modes the sample rate is adjusted automatically based on time base. These modes are intended for scope-like operation, like timing analysis.
Use the Record mode for traditional logic analyzer usage, to capture more samples and analyze data/protocols.

image.thumb.png.addb1c53727faf9a2fb18be23de1a985.png

Archived