Hi from Paris, capitale of France

Tagazou

Hello

I m an small user of arduino

I d like to increase my knowledge in Rasperry Pi

I m interested  too to use Labveiw 2018 and would like to know if the digigents Labview products 2014 are compatible with my configuration

otherwise i m interested in all about eletronics builds in kit or to do in a board

In also interested to use again oscoloscope , signal generator and numerical analusor

i m also preparing my Ham license ( Radio user ) in France i a club witch likes also a lot play with electronics cractions

I ve studied in a electro-electronico mechanical school on aircraft in Air France ( but it was a long time ago ). I works in the logistical department in aircraft parts: Far from my loved beguiners work on planes.

Thanks for your attention and happy and enjoyed to know new friends in electronic creations

Nice to be here

Hi Jon

Thank you for your response

I ve got soon an oscilloscope, a logic analyzer and a function generator GPIB

I m using the windows 10 version of labview 2018: is the language used in labview the same as for Linux, pls  ?

Thanks for your attention

Hi @Tagazou,

Could you clarify 

"is the language used in labview the same as for Linux, pls  ?"

If you are wondering about using LINX from here. I believe you would need to use LabVIEW 2014 which I believe you have access to with the purchase of the new version of LabVIEW.

thank you,

Jon

Hi Jon

I ve not clearly asked my question: In fact id like to know if ( when labview is lauched ( 2014 or 2018 ))

The developper language in the app is different when using Linux or Wndows 10 ?

Am i clear now ? 

Thanks

Eric

Hi @Tagazou,

I do not have enough experience with LabVIEW to be useful with this issue. Our co-workers that have more experience with LabVIEW are currently out of the office. I have reached out tho them but i will be a few day before I will have an answer for you. You may also want to reach out to NI support as well. They will have more experience engineers with LabVIEW experience. 

best regards,

Jon

Hi @Tagazou,

To clarify your question. You are wanting to know if the LabVIEW VI's language is the same between windows and linux. Is this correct?

Also my co-workers are back in office. So the turn around for a response shouldn't be very long.

best regards,

Jon 

Hi @Tagazou,

One of our more experience engineers with LabVIEW said that each VIs should provide identical functionality on each platform (hardware / OS) with minor exceptions for things like platform specific behavior like file paths, etc.

best regards,

Jon

Archived