JTAG_HS2 instal

szohar

Question

Hi,

I am trying to instal the JTAG_HS2 device and can't see it in the device manager.

I was notified that it will not function on a Windows 10 so I went and purchased a Windows 7 desktop.

Where can I find clear direction how to instal it and make it to work with Xilinx Vivado 2015.4 and SDK 2015.4.

Thanks

Sharon

7 answers to this question

Hello,

We are very sorry for this delay. Of course, we will replace the programming cable if it is indeed defective.

From what I understand, you have purchased several HS2 cables. Are any of these cables recognized or are you having trouble with all of them?

Normally, Vivado should recognize the cable automatically. From the Vivado Hardware Manager's point of view, the cable together with the target FPGA should behave like a regular board. You should see it in the Vivado Hardware Manager like in the attached pictures.

I have made screenshots showing how to start the Hardware Manager and how the cable is recognized alone (not connected to anything other than the PC) or with a FPGA board.

If none of the cables appear to work then is it most likely that you are facing a driver issue. In order to fix this, I suggest that you install the Adept2 software and the "Cable Drivers". I have provided links below:

https://reference.digilentinc.com/digilent_adept_2

http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/59128.html

Please let us know if these solutions have fixed the issues.

Sergiu

hardware manager 1.png

cable with fpga.png

cable alone.png

Mulțumesc Sergiu,

I can see now the XADC under the HW manager, bu't cant use it under the SDK.

I am using the Xilinx software SDK, is there any setup I need to preform there to integrate the Digilent cable?

I was also expecting to see the programer in the Windows device manager, as I can see on other computers but it doesn't show there.

Thanks
Sharon

Hi Sharon,

I'd like you to try something in the software SDK. In the menu bar up top, there is the Xilinx Tools menu. Make sure that you have your JTAG_HS2 connected along your device via the HS2 cable. Click the tools menu, then Program FPGA. You should see a new window pop up with two sections, Hardware Configuration and Software Configuration. Under Hardware Configuration are a few drop down menus and text boxes. I want you to focus on Device right now. It should be automatically be set to Auto Detect when you first open the Program FPGA interface, but we'll be changing that. Click on Select... to the right of Device. This will open up another window that will allow you to select the cable and device you wish to configure, or Auto Detect a device. If all is good, you should see your JTAG HS2 cable listen under the Cable drop down menu, albeit grayed out. Unchecking Auto Detect will fix this, and you'll be able to select your cable and the device connected by the cable. Double click the device or hit okay and that window should close and your HS2 cable should appear in the Device text box. I've included several images that describe the process with a Zybo device. You don't have to go through this process and can let the tools auto discover the device you wish to configure, but the process is useful for selecting a specific device out of several that are connected to the host machine.

The above process is similar to the Vivado process, but it's been hidden in several menus as you can see. I hope this has been helpful and answers your question. If you have further questions, don't hesitate to ask and I'll do my best to give you an answer.

Andrew

hs2_1.png

hs2_2.png

hs2_3.png

Archived