How To Restore Spartan-3 To Original Configuration

garnet

Question

I just bought a used Spartan-3 starter board rev e. It came with no original disk, or manuals, just power supply and Xilinx ISE 6.3i. When plugged in, it does a self test and then is displaying "spartan-3 starter board" scrolling across display.

If i program something else into board, how do i restore this test program. I downloaaded all avalable .zip files from the page on digilentinc.com about this product, but none seemed to include this original program.

Are there more resources?

2 answers to this question

The xilinx Impact was able to program the board. I had it read a .bit file from the prom, but apparently it misread it because the board doesnt work when I send the file back. Also repeatedly when i tried to send the file back to the board, it failed verify, in different places each time. I dont know why. I suspect the prom read i did was not correct. Later projects such as s3demo and a counter tutorial were able to send to the board many times without any verify errors.

Maybe the better question is how can i get a copy of original cd that came with this board? I have it with a diligentinc parallel port jtAg cable, and i have an old ibm thinkpad running windows xp from 2004. I installed adept 2.16 but it doesnt seem to recognize parallel port, and device manager (dpcomm 2.15.4) doesnt allow anything other than type of USB, (PAR is greyed out) and "enumerate" button doesnt find the device.....

Archived